New Generation Shingles Vaccination (Gleneagles Hospital Hong Kong)
The new generation shingles vaccine is a recombinant zoster vaccine that prevents shingles and its complications.
Who should get the new generation shingles vaccine?
Aging is one of the potential risk factors for causing shingles. The US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (US CDC) recommends that healthy adults aged 50 or above, and adults aged 19 or above who have or will have weakened immune system due to disease* or therapy should get two doses of the new generation shingles vaccine. There is no upper age limit for getting the vaccine and the vaccine is also suitable for the following persons who:
- had shingles and recovered
- have received the previous generation of shingles vaccine. Please consult your doctor to identify the best time to get the new generation vaccine
- have received chickenpox vaccine
*High-risk groups include individuals who have previously been infected with COVID-19, those with chronic conditions (such as hypertension, hyperlipidemia, and diabetes), and individuals with a family history of illness.
HK$5,980 for New Generation Shingles Vaccination
- Promotion period: from today until 31 March 2024 (both dates inclusive).
- New generation shingles vaccination fee includes one-time doctor’s consultation and two doses of vaccine.
- New generation shingles vaccination is recommended for persons aged 50 or above. Each person should receive two doses, with the second dose to be administered 2 to 6 months after the first shot. It is also recommended for persons aged 19 or above who have or will have weakened immune system due to disease or therapy. If needed, persons with weakened immune system can receive two doses of the vaccine, with the second dose to be taken 1 to 2 months after the first shot. Vaccination is offered on a first-come, first-served basis, while stocks last.
- Advance booking is required. Please specify the vaccination programme at the time of booking. Booking method:
- You are suggested to consult the doctor prior to receiving the new generation shingles vaccination. According to the US CDC *, people with the conditions below should not get the new generation shingles vaccine:
- experienced a severe allergic reaction to any component of the vaccine or after a dose of new generation shingles vaccine;
- currently pregnant;
- currently having shingles;
- people who are suffering from a moderate or severe acute illness, with or without fever, should wait until recovery before getting the vaccine.
- The offers cannot be used in conjunction with other promotional offers; it is not exchangeable for cash or other product. The offer is non-transferrable and non-refundable.
- Discounts of the above offer is provided to self-pay clients only, direct billing is not applicable.
- Gleneagles Hospital Hong Kong reserves the right to amend any of the above terms and conditions without prior notice. In case of any dispute, Gleneagles’ decision is final.
* Reference: US CDC