Notes to visitors
Heart & Vascular (Cardiovascular)
Cardiology is a specialty dealing with diseases affecting the heart and the circulatory system. Our cardiovascular system is responsible for pumping and circulating blood throughout the whole body. Among different cardiac diagnoses, the most well known conditions include coronary artery disease, congestive heart failure, cardiac arrhythmia and valvular heart disease. Cardiologists are specialized to diagnose and treat these diseases. Some common tests and procedures carried out by cardiologists include electrocardiograms (ECG), exercise stress (treadmill) tests, echocardiograms and invasive coronary angiograms.
Cardiothoracic surgery is the surgical treatment of diseases affecting organs inside the chest, which generally refer to heart and lung diseases. Cardiothoracic surgeons are trained to perform surgery on heart, lung, chest wall and diaphragm, including coronary artery bypass and heart transplant surgeries.
Heart Screening Procedures
- Ambulatory Blood Pressure Monitoring
- Cardiac Calcium Scoring
- Cardiac Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI)
- Coronary Computed Tomography Angiography (CCTA) (320-Slice CT Scanner)
- 24-hour ECG (Holter) Monitoring
- Nuclear Perfusion (SPECT/PET) and Viability Study
- Echocardiogram (Transthoracic / Trans-esophageal)
- Bi-Ventricular Pacing for heart failure
- Defibrillator (ICD) Implantation
- Leadless Pacemaker Implantation
- Permanent Pacemaker (PPM) Implantation
- Percutaneous Coronary Intervention (PCI)
- Radiofrequency Catheter Ablation (RFA) of Arrhythmia
*Please note that this is not a complete list of all the conditions and treatments that we provide. The information is designed for educational references only and should not be construed as medical advice.
Kindly consult one of our qualified healthcare specialist for an accurate diagnosis before starting on any treatments.