Visiting Information for Patients and Visitors
Visiting Policies and Arrangements
- The hospital is open to visitors from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Visitors are limited to 2 persons at a time.
- Visiting children under 12 years old are advised not to enter wards.
- Visiting hours and infection prevention and control measures may change without prior notice in response to the latest advices from the Department of Health.
- No smoking in all indoor and outdoor areas of the hospital.
- No photography, recording or filming is allowed in the hospital area without prior permission from the hospital.
- No gambling of any forms is allowed in the hospital.
- To protect patients’ privacy, room and bed numbers will not be disclosed to visitors.
- Additional visiting restrictions may be imposed subject to the prevailing policies of the hospital.
- We seek patients and visitors’ kind cooperation in helping us maintain a quiet and pleasant environment for everyone at all times.
- People who are unwell with fever or illness should avoid visiting patients in hospital and are advised to seek medical attention immediately.
- Wear a surgical mask if you have respiratory symptoms. Visitors and caregivers for these individuals are strongly recommended to also wear surgical masks as well to minimise the transmission of infection.
- Always clean your hands with soap and water or an alcohol-based hand rub to maintain hand hygiene. Perform hand hygiene before and after contacting with patients and visiting hospital.
- Patients and visitors are requested to switch their mobile phones to silent or vibrate mode during hospital stays or visits
Hospital Services Arrangements During Inclement Weather
Special arrangements will be implemented as follows during inclement weather:
* Allied health services include Rehabilitation, Dietetic Services and Radiotherapy & Oncology Centre.
** Central satellite clinics in Central refer to Gleneagles Medical Clinic Central and Gleneagles Pro-HEART Cardiac Centre.
For the service arrangements during inclement weather of Gleneagles Healthcare Wong Chuk Hang, Hong Kong, please refer to the clinic’s official website (https://www.gleneagles-healthcare.com.hk/).
- For services which remain normal during inclement weather, patients may come to the hospital under safe traveling conditions.
- For Weekdays (except public holidays):
- If the typhoon signal number 8, black rainstorm warning signal or “extreme condition” is still in force after 3:00 p.m., services will be suspended for the whole day.
- If the typhoon signal number 8, black rainstorm warning signal or “extreme condition” is cancelled or lowered before 3:00 p.m., services will be resumed as soon as practicable within two hours.
- For Saturdays (except public holidays):
- If the typhoon signal number 8, black rainstorm warning signal or “extreme condition” is still in force after 10:00a.m., services will be suspended for the whole day.
- If the typhoon signal 8, black rainstorm warning signal or “extreme condition” is cancelled or lowered before 10:00a.m., services will be resumed as soon as practicable within two hours.
- Appointments falling within the service suspension period will be cancelled. Our staff will contact affected patients to arrange a new consultation on the next working day.