Notes to visitors
Clinical Laboratory Services
Our clinical laboratory is managed by an experienced team of pathologists and medical technologists that handle samples in the fields of clinical biochemistry, haematology and blood bank, immunology, clinical microbiology, cytology, histology and molecular pathology . The fully-automated Core Laboratory is designed to perform a range of tests, including histopathology and molecular tests, allowing the delivery of fast and accurate diagnostic results.
Services include blood gas and electrolytes, renal and liver function tests, heart attack clinical markers (Troponin), neonatal bilirubin, rapid antigen tests for influenza etc.
- The service is supported by Hong Kong Red Cross Blood Transfusion Service
- Services include blood grouping and cross-matching, and issue of blood products for therapeutic uses
Our specialists provide a variety of clinical consultation service for both inpatients and outpatients with infectious diseases. We also offer expert advice to clinicians and patients on a broad spectrum of diagnostic testing services and infection control measures.
Monday – Friday 9:00am – 5:00pm
Saturday 9:00am – 1:00pm
(Prior booking is required. Services required outside service hours are to be arranged on a case-by-case basis.)
- Routine/Urgent Anatomical Pathology & Cytology, Haematology, Clinical Biochemistry, Clinical Microbiology Services
- Molecular Pathology Service
Dr SETO Wing Hong
Clinical Microbiology & InfectionTitles at GHK
- Specialist in Clinical Microbiology & Infection
- Director, WHO Collaborating Centre for Infectious Disease Epidemiology and Control, School of Public Health, The University of Hong Kong
- Honorary Clinical Professor, School of Public Health, The University of Hong Kong