Notes to visitors
Nurse Educator (Operating Theatre)
Reference No. GHK-NOTE
- Develop, implement and evaluate clinical-based education to meet the competency and learning needs of all levels of nursing in Operating Theatres
- Facilitate induction, supervision and support of nursing students, new graduate ENs or RNs and newly recruited nurses.
- Hold responsibility, coordinate and implement staff orientation
- Perform clinical supervision and regular assessment of nurses’ competencies to ensure achievement of targets set.
- Ensure that the clinical policies and procedures are in line with the nursing practice
- Collaborate with the ADON and take the leads in planning, implementation and evaluation of educational and training initiatives.
- Collaborate with the Nurse Manager, design the service training program and staff development program according to departmental needs.
- Collaborate with Nurse Manager in developing and implementation of continuous quality improvement programs
- Act as mentor, coach and counselor to nurse staffs. Role model the desired leadership and team behaviors
- Foster sound professional collaborative relationships with members of clinical leadership, management team, frontline
- Update and maintain training records
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Degree in Nursing and preferably with a post-graduate Master in a Nursing or Healthcare/ Heath Services discipline
- Post registration Peri-operative qualifications and Infection control training
- Preferably with relevant Education & Training Certificate
- Possess a valid/current nursing practicing certificate in Hong Kong
- Minimum of 10 years of post-qualification Peri-operative clinical nursing experience with at least 2 years involve in Peri-operative training
- Fluent in spoken and written English and Chinese Languages
- Good communication skill and interpersonal skills
- Process valid BLS, ACLS and PALS
*GHK Loyalty Bonus Scheme starts from April 2020. Join GHK Family Now!