Senior Medical Technologist
Reference No. GHK - CL/SMT
- Recommending the type and amount of equipment to be purchased to carry out the necessary tests and procedures.
- Preparing operating and manpower budgets for the laboratory.
- Directing regular maintenance and performance checks on all instruments and equipment.
- Recommending technical methods, instruments to be used and procuring the necessary reagents and consumables for use in such methods or instruments.
- Enforcing personnel policies within the laboratory as well as developing appropriate job descriptions.
- Administering performance appraisals and reviews for all laboratory personnel.
- Controls, maintains and improves the quality and safety standards of laboratory services.
- Directing the setting up, monitoring and periodic review of Standard Operating Policies/Procedures/Work Instructions of the departments and carrying out test evaluation programs on new methodologies and instruments as necessary.
- Ensuring environmental conditions meet maximum safety regulatory requirements, and enforcing safety measures against fire, caustic and toxic chemicals and bacterial hazards.
- Maintaining compliance with all licensing/accreditation agency policies.
- Training of laboratory technical staff.
- To provide for growth, expansion and diversification of the department in keeping with the needs of the hospital and the organization:
- Acting as a liaison with other department managers and hospital administration to co-ordinate the work of the laboratory with other department functions.
- Maintaining good public relations with the medical staff, other hospital personnel and the community.
- Consulting with the Chief Executive Officer and Laboratory Director (HOD) for the test procedures beyond the capability of the department to determine feasible alternatives.
- Any other duties as assigned from time to time by management.
- Recognized Bachelor degree in Medical Laboratory Science or equivalent Science Degree.
- A Master degree in medical science or management is preferable.
- Hong Kong Medical Laboratory Board Part 1 License.
- At least 10 years of experience working in medical laboratory, more than 5 years of which shall be at a supervisory level.
*Gleneagles offers Voluntary Provident Fund Scheme - employer's contributions including MPF equal to 8% of employee's basic salary, with no cap! Join us now and let us be your long-term partner through your journey of career development!