Assistant Director of Nursing (In-patient)
- Develop and support the smooth running of medical, surgical, private and psychiatric wards.
- Provide leadership in the recruitment, selection, development and retention of nurses in partnership with the nursing team. Conduct performance evaluation of Nurse Managers.
- Hold responsibility and coordinate with unit managers to implement staff orientation, in service training and staff development program.
- Effectively communicate the Hospital’s vision, mission and values to nursing staff.
- Assess competency mix across organization and facilitate any allocation changes requested by Nurse Managers.
- Ensure that the system clinical policies and procedures are in line, thus guiding nursing practice.
- Lead, facilitate and promote patient’s clinical safety and risk management practices amongst nursing staff, facilitate hospital occurrence reviews by promoting open reporting in examining clinical incident data. Lead critical incident debriefing.
- Lead and facilitate nursing and across functional committees and projects, ensuring there is Workplace Safety and Health Culture within the team. Serve as a change agent and drive service quality initiatives.
- Act as mentor, coach and counselor to Nurse Managers. Role model the desired leadership and team behaviors.
- Foster sound professional collaborative relationships with members of clinical leadership, management team and the public.
- Lead and supervise nursing units, to ensure patients received quality and safe care.
- Perform other assigned duties.
- Degree in Nursing and preferably with a post-graduate Master in a Nursing or Healthcare/ Heath Services discipline
- Post registration specialty qualifications
- Possess a valid / current nursing practicing certificate in Hong Kong
- Minimum 10 years of post-qualification clinical nursing experience with at least 5 years in nursing management role
- Clinical and technical competency
- Fluent in spoken and written English and Chinese Languages
- Experience in Quality and Risk Management
- Strong leadership and influencing skill
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Staff coaching and mentoring skill is essential