Notes to visitors
Community Vaccination Centre at Gleneagles
Venue: 1/F, Tower A, Gleneagles Hospital Hong Kong, 1 Nam Fung Path, Wong Chuk Hang, Hong Kong
Operation hours: 8:00am – 8:00pm, Monday to Sunday including public holidays (the centre is closed from 1:00-2:00pm daily for deep cleansing)
Vaccine administration: BioNTech (Comirnaty)
Online booking: https://booking.covidvaccine.gov.hk/
As per the Government, the current priority groups for vaccination are as below. Please refer to the COVID-19 Vaccination Programme website for the most update list of priority groups.
- Persons aged 30 years or above (a maximum of two carers who accompany elderly people aged 70 or above can also receive vaccination)
- Personnel in healthcare settings and those participating in anti-epidemic related work
- Residents and staff of residential care homes for the elderly / persons with disabilities and staff of Community Care Service units for the elderly / persons with disabilities
- Personnel maintaining critical public services
- Personnel providing cross-boundary transportation or working at control points and ports
- Staff of food and beverages premises, markets, supermarkets, convenience stores and couriers (including takeaway food delivery)
- Staff of local public transport service operators (e.g. taxi/bus/public light bus drivers, train captains and station staff)
- Registered construction workers and other resident site personnel
- Staff of property management (e.g. security guards, cleaning staff and property management office staff)
- Teachers and school staff (e.g. teaching and support staff of kindergartens, primary and secondary schools and universities; staff of special schools; and drivers and escorts of school buses and school private light buses)
- Staff of the tourism industry
- Staff of scheduled premises under the Prevention and Control of Disease (Requirements and Directions) (Business and Premises) Regulation (Cap. 599F) (e.g. staff of fitness centres and beauty parlours)
- Students studying outside Hong Kong (aged 16 years or above)
- Domestic helpers
Please ensure that you have read the Vaccination Fact Sheet of BioNTech (Comirnaty) BEFORE you make an appointment. Vaccination Fact Sheet for Comirnaty
An appointment needs to be been made via the Government’s booking system BEFORE coming to the centre. The information required to make appointment online is as below:
- Applicant's Hong Kong identity document number and date of birth
- A local SMS-enabled mobile phone number
- Carer (if applicable)'s Hong Kong identity document number, date of birth and local SMS-enabled mobile phone number
To ensure smooth operation of the booking system, applicant is required to complete a booking within 30 minutes, after which the booking session will expire and all data entered will not be saved.
- Identify document;
- Proof of priority group (if applicable; including staff card, warrant card, identity proof issued by Government departments and their service contractors, licence, employer's letter [download sample employer's letter]); and
- SMS message or photocopy of booking confirmation.
What to expect at the vaccination centre
Points to note
- The vaccination centre is located on 1/F, Tower A at the hospital
- To avoid overcrowding, you are advised to reach the vaccination centre no earlier than 15 minutes before your appointment time.
- Fill in the Health Declaration Form upon arrival at the hospital main entrance or fill in the e-registration form on the day of the appointment
- To protect all persons in the hospital, screening is conducted on all persons before they enter the hospital. Please note that you will be declined from entering the premise if you fulfil no. 1 screening criterion OR fulfil any of the no. 2 – 7 criteria in the Health Declaration Form/e-registration form and are unable to provide supporting document and/or a valid negative COVID-19 test report (issued by authorised external laboratories or institutions within 3 days).
- To avoid overcrowding, accompanying person(s) should wait outside the centre
- Inform our on-site medical staff if you have any allergy history or medical history before receiving the vaccination
- Read the vaccine information carefully, and inquire our on-site medical staff if you have any questions before vaccination
- Recipients are required to stay at the centre for at least 15 minutes after vaccination for observation. Please inform our staff in case you feel any discomfort after vaccination
- You may leave the vaccination centre after the 15-minute resting time if you do not have any discomfort
- Vaccination is not advised to those who have illnesses or fever, and you are suggested to seek medical advice as soon as possible
- Maintain social distancing
- Clean your hands upon arrival, before the vaccination and before leaving the Hospital
- You should wear a surgical mask all the time, and no eating and drinking in the vaccination centre
- No photo taking, video recording and live broadcasting in the vaccination centre
After vaccination, you will receive paper vaccination records at the centre. You can also download your electronic vaccination records via the Government’s "iAM Smart" mobile app, or through the “eHealth” mobile app.
For more information such as the suitability, efficacy, side effects and the potential adverse reactions of vaccination, please visit the Government’s website at www.covidvaccine.gov.hk.