Notes to visitors
Obstetrics Pre-Admission COVID-19 Testing
All obstetric patients are required to perform COVID-19 test on weekly basis after 37 weeks of gestation until delivery.
- All inpatients are required to submit a valid and negative COVID-19 test report to our Admission and Cashier Office on G/F before admission or upon registration for admission. The result is regarded as valid for 48 hours from the time of specimen collection.
- COVID-19 test reports from one of the
with patient’s full name and identity number will be accepted.
- If the above report is not available, the patient is required to undergo a one-time combined nasal and throat swab RT-PCR test for COVID-19 at the "Sample Collection Booth" located outside 24-hour Outpatient and Emergency Department, free of charge*.
* The testing fee (HKD $700) will be applied if the admission is cancelled or amended by the patient under any circumstances. In addition, any additional charges incurred during the test will be on patient’s own account.
- Sample Collection Time
#Reporting time will be at 5pm only on Sundays and Public Holiday
- Sample Collection Time
1. Inpatients with Scheduled Admission for Elective Caesarean Section / Induction of Labour
- You may undergo a combined nasal and throat swab RT-PCR test for COVID-19 at the “Sample Collection Booth” located outside 24-hour Outpatient and Emergency Department at 08:00 – 12:00 on the day before admission.
- For patients who are unable to perform combined nasal and throat swab, a deep throat saliva bottle can be taken and the specimen can be dropped off to the “Sample Collection Booth”. The test is to be conducted within 48
hours before admission.
Notes on Deep Throat Saliva Specimen Collection
- Do NOT brush your teeth, eat or drink after getting up
- Keep your stomach empty for least 2 hours
2. Emergency Admission for Onset of Labour
- If the COVID-19 negative result has expired and the test was performed within 1 week, a rapid antigen test (free of charge) and a self-paid rapid POCT RT-PCR nasopharyngeal swab test are required to be conducted in our Obstetrics Ward / Labour Room at a charge of HK$1,940 – HK$3,110, depending on the bed class.
Δ Accompanying husbands attending the Labour Room/Operating Theater are required to present a valid COVID-19 negative result upon admission. The result is regarded as valid for 48 hours from the time of specimen collection. Self-paid “Rapid Antigen Test” (HKD $120) & “Rapid RT-PCR Test” (HKD $1,750) will be required if his latest COVID report was expired.
Please also refer to the Emergency Response Level - Notes to Patients and Visitors and the latest visiting policy on our website.
[Effective from 24/02/2022]