Notes to visitors
Emergency Response Level - Notes to patients and visitors
In response to the emergence of “Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)”, the Hong Kong Government has activated the Emergency Response Level.
As per the Centre for Health Protection's (CHP) instructions, all suspected or confirmed cases will be reported to the CHP and patients will be transferred to designated public hospitals for further clinical management.
Kindly refer to these notes if you plan to make a visit to our hospital.
Notes to patients and visitors COVID-19 Outpatient Service
General Information to patients and visitors
- All persons who are currently under “Restriction-testing Declaration” or “Compulsory Testing Notices” ordered by the Government, should complete all tests and present negative results before entering the hospital.
- All persons who have been tested positive (tested positive by Rapid Antigen Test or RT-PCR) and still under isolation period are not allowed for admission or visiting. They can visit the 24-hour Outpatient and Emergency Department(AED) for consultation.
- All persons who had close contact with a confirmed case and still under compulsory quarantine should not visit the hospital.
- For outpatient visits, a Rapid Antigen Test should be done and negative result should be presented before consultation.
- Only the main entrance on ground floor, the entrance at 24-hour Outpatient and Emergency Department and the entrance of the indoorcarpark at basement are open for access.
- Temperature screening at the main entrance and the indoor carpark entrance will be conducted by a thermal scanner; persons with temperature exceeding a set range will be measured by ear-type thermometer again. Persons with a fever or respiratory symptoms will be directed to either the 24-hour OED or designated clinic for further screening.
- Patients and visitors entering the hospital are required to register their personal information for contact tracing purpose when necessary. Visitors may also perform the registration via this e-registration form.
- For the protection of all, all visitors are required to follow the hospital’s visitation policy and visit at designated times only or they may be denied visitation.
- Sick persons, children under 12 years of age, and pregnant women are not recommended to enter the hospital for visiting.
Statutory Notifiable Disease
According to the Prevention and Control of Disease Regulation (Cap. 599), patients fulfilling the following case definition should be reported to the Centre for Health Protection for further investigation:
People considered as “suspected cases” include those who:
(1) have fever OR acute respiratory symptoms OR pneumonia, AND
(2) have travelled to a place with active community transmission of COVID-19 OR had close contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19 in the last 14 days before onset of symptoms
*Please refer to the list of countries/areas with active community transmission from the webpage of Centre for Health Protection.
Visiting Arrangements and Infection, Prevention and Control measures
- Visiting hours : 10:00 - 12:00; 18:00 – 20:00
- Each inpatient is limited to 2 visitors, and they are required to have prior registration for visiting privileges and fill in a Health Declaration form before entering the hospital
- Frequent changing of visitor and carer should be avoided. Reassigning of registered visitor and carer are only allowed on concession
- Visitors are required to record the time when they enter and leave the patient room for contact tracing purpose when necessary. Otherwise, they may be denied visitation.
- Visits are not allowed for people who are symptomatic such as fever, respiratory symptoms or with other COVID-19 related symptoms at the time of visiting. All persons who had close contact with a confirmed case and still under compulsory quarantine should not visit the hospital.
- All persons who have stayed in places outside Hong Kong in the past 7 days should present negative result of the PCR test at the airport or latest compulsory PCR test as ordered by the Government before entering the hospital.
- All visitors are required to submit a "valid negative COVID-19 RT-PCR test report" from one of the authorised external laboratories or institutions and register before entering the ward (The result is regarded valid for 48 hours, from the time of specimen collection) or a negative Rapid Antigen Test (RAT) result on the day of visit.
- Conduct RAT at home before visit
- If your RAT result is negative, please write your full name and date of testing on the cassette and take a photo
- Show the photo of your result to our ward staff for verification when come to visit, and register your name and result on the visit record
- For visitor who had infected with COVID-19 in the past 90 days, RAT/PCR test can be exempted after recovery (exemption period : date of 1st positive result plus 14 days plus 90 days) and should present the documents of infection/recovery record.
- Maintain good personal and hand hygiene practices at all times.
- Perform hand hygiene before leaving the patient room by using alcohol-based hand rub or soap and water.
- Wear a mask at all times in hospital areas and refrain from removing the mask.
- No eating or drinking during visits, and do not remove the surgical mask in the same cubicle.
- Maintain appropriate social distancing during visits.
Guidelines are subject to change to reflect the latest COVID-19 situation in Hong Kong.