Thank you for considering Gleneagles Hong Kong Hospital!
You may have some questions about what to expect during your stay. We’ve compiled the answers to questions that patients and visitors commonly ask us and put them into our Admissions Guide for your convenience. Here you’ll find general information on the procedures and processes that may take place during pre-admission, your stay and upon your discharge.
Your doctor or the clinic staff will have made the necessary reservations for your admission and guided you to the Admission & Cashier Office to complete your pre-admission registration and undergo fee advisory so that you understand how the payment process works and what you can expect to pay.
On the day of your admission, you may arrive at the hospital 2 hours before your procedure time.However, if your doctor has informed you that you will need blood on standby for surgery, you must check into the hospital before 1 pm, one day before your surgery date, or on Saturday before 11 am if your surgery has been scheduled for a Monday, for blood grouping and cross-matching.
To ensure a smooth and hassle free admission process, please bring the following documents to the Admission & Cashier Office on the day of admission:
- Your doctor’s referral/admission letter
- Valid HKID Card / Passport / Birth Certificate
- Any medical benefits card or letter of guarantee from your insurance company/employer (where applicable).
We will not be able to treat or perform surgery if no appropriate identification is provided at admission.
For your comfort during your stay with Gleneagles, you may wish to pack the following items:
- Intimates, pyjamas (open front encouraged), dressing gown
- Closed slippers, preferably skid-proof (as footwear must be worn at all times)
- For children, familiar toys, such as a favourite toy or doll
- Any special devices or equipment needed (eyeglasses, hearing aids, wheelchair, CPAP mask etc.)
- If you are required to have regular physiotherapy sessions, please pack some comfortable sportswear
Please leave jewellery, credit cards, large amounts of money and other valuables at home. Gleneagles will not be responsible any losses in the hospital.
In order to keep you and your love ones safe during your hospital visit, we highly encourage everyone to follow the following best practices
- To keep hand hygiene, always clean your hands with soap & water or an alcohol-based hand rub.
- For individuals suffering from respiratory issues or have respiratory system related symptoms, please wear a surgical mask during your visit. Caregivers for these individuals are strongly encouraged to wear surgical masks as well to minimize the transmission of infection.
- Visitors who experience fever or illness should avoid visiting the hospital and seek medical attention immediately.
- In response to any changes of the Pandemic Response Level of the Department of Health, visiting hours may change without prior notice.
- For individuals suspected or diagnosed with an infectious disease, they will be required to be admitted or transferred to a single or isolation room (new room fees will be applied) in order to reduce the risk of cross-infection in the hospital.
Room availability: Your requested room type is subject to availability. On the occasion when the requested room type is not available, patient will be asked to admit in another room type until the preferred room type becomes available, afterwhich a transfer shall be arranged. In the event that all the beds are fully occupied, room allocation will be final and based on clinical needs, actual room availability and circumstances in the ward.
Lodger: Lodger accommodation is only available for private rooms and rooms in the Pediatric wards. Lodger accommodation is only permitted if the lodger is of the same gender as the patients in the shared (2-bedded) room. An additional charge will be
The daily room rate does not include any nursing care, doctors’ fees, diagnostic tests, drugs, other ancillary services and meals. Extra charges will be incurred if procedures and diagnostic tests are performed during non-office hours.
Doctors’ Fees: Doctors fees may vary; please discuss the doctors fee charges with your attending doctor prior to admission. The fee charges are determined by each doctor and the hospital will collect the doctors’ fees on their behalf.
Ancillary charges: Ancillary charges (e.g. procedures, radiology tests, laboratory tests, drugs & consumables etc) may vary according to the patient’s condition, diagnosis, room category and treatment.
Extended Stay: Additional charges will be incurred if procedures or packages extend beyond the scheduled time or length of stay.
Discharge: The daily discharge time is fixed at 12 pm. For discharges that happen between 12:00 – 6:00 pm, a half-day rate shall apply. A full day rate shall apply for discharges after 6:00 pm.
Critical Care transfers: For transfers in and out of critical care units (ICU, PICU, NICU, HDU, CCU, SCBU), half day rates would apply if stay is less than 12 hours (cut off times as 12 am and 12 pm).
Room Type Transfers: For patients who choose to have a change to a higher room category within their stay, the higher room charge will apply from the day of admission. For a change to a lower room category, the lower room type charge will only apply subsequent the date of room change.
Isolation Rooms: Isolation rooms are only allocated on doctors’ instructions based on clinical requirements. This will result in additional charges.
Gleneagles believes that patients should have presence of mind when getting admitted. As such, we have developed a series of Standard Packages and Hospital Packages at pre-determined prices to cover the most frequently performed procedures.
Hospital Packages include all nursing care, room and meal charges as well as treatment normally associated with the procedure as stated within the package; doctors’ fees are not included. Standard Packages, which are limited to standard room accommodation, include all the same charges as the Hospital Package but also include all associated doctors’ fees.
Please note the following:
- Should you request for a change of room category, the highest room category package will apply.
- There will not be a refund if the patient is discharged earlier than the package end date.
- Maternity packages will commence on the day the baby is born.
- Should patients’ condition require a private nurse, the hospital can arrange on their behalf and additional charges for this service will be incurred and subsequently billed on their hospital invoice.
- Gleneagles is not liable for any acts or omissions on the part of persons not directly employed by the hospital.
Deposit upon admission:
A deposit is required upon admission and may be settled by cash, EPS, bank draft or any major credit card.
Interim bills during your stay:
- An interim bill issued every 3 days and is payable within 1 day of issuance.
- Please be patient with us. Around two hours will be required to process billing and all related discharge documents and medication (if applicable).
- All accounts must be settled in full or payment arrangement guaranteed by insurance companies that has credit arrangements with the hospital for the discharge process to be completed.
- Upon admission, patients are required to present the necessary documentation as required by their insurer. Should they fail to do so, they will be fully responsible for payment and required to pay the necessary deposit. If on discharge from the hospital the documentation is still not available, patients will be required to settle the hospital expenses in full and contact their insurer for reimbursement.
- Room rates are subject to the highest room category on the day of change. Patients are strongly advised to check clearly with their company or insurance company of their entitlement prior to admission as this may affect the choice of room category.
- To settle the hospital bill directly through insurance please check with the Admission and Cashier Office whether the hospital has a direct settlement agreement with the patient’s insurer. Patients remain responsible for any deductibles under a co-insurance plan or any non-covered amounts (i.e. personal fees, meals, lodger fees, bed movement charge).
- Gleneagles is not able to accept a Letter of Guarantee/Guarantee of Payment from any company or insurance company that does not have prior credit arrangements with us.
- The hospital reserves the right to refuse an insurance card or related documentation as mode of payment.
- Visiting hours are between 8am to 8pm. This is to ensure patients have enough rest.
- Visitors are limited to 2 at a time.
- Admission and Cashier Office provides 24-hour service.
Request from total bill and medical notes:
- If patients require a copy of medical notes, a fee will be charged and 5 working days is required to process the request from the day of payment received. Detailed itemized hospital prices/charges are available upon request at Admission and Cashier Office.
We at Gleneagles Hong Kong welcome valuable comments and feedback from patients and their relatives as it helps us to continually improve our services. A Patient Comment Card can be found in various departments throughout the hospital to assist with this process. Please fill up the card and drop it into our Comments Box located in the main patient counter in the hospital lobby. Alternatively, you may wish to drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Lastly, you may also contact the Department of Health with any comments or feedback. They can be contacted at +852 3107 8451 or email@example.com.
Gleneagles is within walking distance from various bus stops along Aberdeen Tunnel/Wong Chuk Hang Road and Nam Fung Road.
Available bus services along Aberdeen Tunnel/Wong Chuk Hang Road are: 37B 37X 38 42 42C 70 72 72A 75 77 90 90C.
Available bus services along Nam Fung Road are: 36 41A 76.
For further information, please feel free to contact the Admission and Cashier Office at 3153 9033. A Fee Schedule is also available for your reference.
- 24-hour parking is available at $28 per hour.