Our rehabilitation unit provides, physiotherapy, occupational therapy, and speech therapy services for patients of all age groups, with the focus on improving patients’ functional limitation consequent to certain medical conditions.
Physiotherapists help patients with physical symptoms and movement impairments due to injuries or diseases.
Back/neck Rehabilitation: This helps manage acute or chronic pain. Pain management, manual techniques, postural and ergonomics assessment and advice, core strengthening and exercises are some of the techniques that may be used to empower you to reduce and manage symptoms in patients’ daily life.
Sports injuries rehabilitation: These may include acute joint/ligament sprains, muscle strains and overuse injuries. Pain management, activity modification and assessment/correction of sporting technique can help shorten recovery time and ensure that patient can continue to participate in sports.
Postoperative rehabilitation: Rehabilitation is a crucial component to regain full function after surgical procedures. It reduces the risk of re-injury and further complications. It also helps you to gradually return to your work, recreation, and competitive sports more successfully.
Cardiopulmonary physiotherapy: This helps optimize patient’s function and recovery after cardiothoracic surgeries such as bypass surgery, valve replacement surgery, and lung / abdominal surgery.
Neuro-rehabilitation: This comprehensive rehabilitation regimen can help patients maximize and regain normal muscle movement and function after a stroke, spinal cord injury, head injury etc.
- Antenatal and Post-natal exercises: The physiotherapists can guide patients with exercises during pregnancy in order to enhance physical and psychological preparation for delivery as well as to reduce discomfort such as low back pain. Physiotherapists also advise and teach patients with exercises for after birth aiming at recovery.
- Pilates exercises: Exercises planned and executed to restore natural spinal curvature in conjunction with re-establishing muscular control around the joints. Benefits include increase in core activation, and control of joint movements and peripheral mobility.
- Oncology rehabilitation: Physiotherapists will design an exercise programme so that patients can function at a minimum level of dependency and optimise their quality of life.
Our Rehabilitaton Centre is also able to arrange other services including:
- Occupational Therapy
- Prescribing and making of customised splints
- Home evaluation / modification to help patients overcome physical barriers within home. Home visits can be conducted before Patient is discharged from hospital
- Speech Therapy
- Early language intervention, literacy and dyslexia therapy
- Rehabilitation for communication difficulties including asphasia and dysarthria therapy
- Management of dysphagia